US-based National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) will hold its 18th annual conference Nov 12-16/08 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The conference theme is Beyond Celebrating Diversity: reActivating the Equity and Social Justice Roots of Multicultural Education.
- Critical discourses in multicultural education, social justice and equity
- The roots of multicultural education
- Empowering students of color, English language learners, and low-income students
- Community-based initiatives for educational equity and social justice
- Multicultural education in a digital age.
See the NAME site for details, including the call for proposals, rubric proposal and information on last year’s conference.
Proposals due March 31, 2008.