The Multicultural Program in Ontario will focus on initiatives that promote:
– Civic participation
– Cross-cultural understanding
– Institutional change.
Projects should align with the following priorities:
– Support the economic, social and cultural integration of new Canadians and cultural communities
– Facilitate programs such as mentorship, volunteerism, leadership and civi education among at-risk cultural youth
– Promote inter-cultural understanding and Canadian values (democracy, freedom, human rights and rule of law) through community initiatives with the objective of addressing issues of cultural social exclusion.
Funding preferences will be given to projects that involve multiple partners and that:
– Focus on action and measurable results leading to sustainable and lasting changes
– Involve the broad community (community-based, neighourhood-based and/or coalitions that are inclusive)
– Include other sources of funding, including cash and in-kind contributions.
Interested parties are invited to submit a pqa1 by Fri. May 23/08 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the attention of Rocky Serkowney, Program Officer, Department of Canadian Heritage, Ontario Region, 150 John St., Suite 400, Toronto ON M5V 3T6.
Need more info? In the GTA, contact Rocky Serkowney at 416.952.2651. Outside of the GTA, contact Mimi Lo at 519.645.5190.