The Calgary Health Region has issued a call for presentations for its 5th annual Diversity and Wellbeing Conference. This year’s theme is The Diverse Faces of Mental Health and will be held Nov 20-21/08 at Mount Royal College in Calgary Alberta.
The conference brings together health researchers, practitioners, policy makers and community members/organizations to share best practices in addressing the mental health needs of individuals, families and communities. The conference is an ideal place to raise issues of immigrant/refugee children and families and acknowledge/address the conditions under which they emigrate to Canada.
Topics welcome include:
- innovations in mental health services to populations
- mental health needs of diverse communities
- the role of spirituality in mental health
- the implications of current health policies and practices in diverse communities
- incorporating the lived experiences of diverse populations in research and decision making.
Deadline for submission is June 27th 2008.
Contact email@example.com for a copy of the application form.