immigrantchildren.ca has a birthday coming up! On November 3, 2010, the blog turns three! And, like most three-year-olds, we like to celebrate with presents! <Update Nov 5th: The only one to enter the contest – DoreenatDMS – wins a copy of Shaun Tan’s The Arrival. The other gifts will be presented to the Kitchener Multicultural Centre>.
To reward readers who have participated on the blog, I’m announcing a series of prizes. If you have ever left a comment on this blog and if you can answer 3 questions on immigration and settlement in Canada, three of you will be randomly selected to win one of the following gifts.
1. A copy of a soon to be published book by consultant Dr. Judith Colbert, entitled “Welcoming Newcomer Children: The Settlement Needs of Young Immigrants and Refugees”.
2. A copy of Shaun Tan’s “The Arrival”, a graphic picture book for adults and children about a family’s migration journey (see my post on this outstanding book here).
3. Memorabilia from Pier 21, Canada’s Immigration Museum. Items vary from books, bags and other ephemera.
Eligibility – 3 criteria to meet:
1. You must have posted a comment somewhere on the immigrantchildren.ca blog. NB This means you still have time to be eligible. Get your comments in!
2. You must identify (by full name, government and party affiliation) the last 3 federal ministers of immigration up to, but not including the current Minister, The Honourable Jason Kenney.
3. Finally, name one other website, blog or other social media tool that examines, addresses, advocates for or supports newcomer children and families in Canada.
The contest has now officially launched ~ leave your answers by comment here and be sure you’ve got a comment somewhere else too. The winner will be determined by random draw and announced by end of Nov 5th. All prizes will be shipped by Canada Post. In the event there are no winners, prizes will be donated to the Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre.