immigrantchildren.ca was founded on November 3, 2007. Ten years ago today. Initially a project of the now defunct Canadian Coalition for Immigrant Children and Youth, since 2008 it’s been a personal passion of mine. I like to gather and share information and the blog has been a great outlet for me. I hope it’s been useful for you.
Over 10 years, immigrantchildren.ca has shared fun items, engaged in policy discussions, shared calls for papers and conference announcements, posted resources, raised issues and proposed ideas.
The 10 most popular posts:
- bzzzspeak ~ how children around the world interpret animal sounds
- A re-post of Barbara Kay’s column on the Burka Barbie
- Santa Claus gets Canadian citizenship
- 10th anniversary of Baker v. Canada
- Interculturalism is the new multiculturalism
- The Drummond Commission missed opportunities to address immigrant children and families
- Top 10 moments for immigrant and refugee children in 2015
- Refugee, Aboriginal, Francophone, Multicultural = The Celebration days of summer
- Policy advice for the #cdnimm Minister
- Books for children on immigration and refugees
A big thank you to everyone who participates on and offline and especially to the five people who have shared so generously their time and insight on immigrant children and youth through my recent ‘Four questions for …’ interview series.
What’s next? I’ll keep you all posted! And, I invite you to share what you’d like to see. Leave a comment here or tweet at me.