- “In 2016, close to 2.2 million children under the age of 15, or 37.5% of the total population of children, had at least one foreign born parent.
- “Children with an immigrant background could represent between 39% and 49% of the total population of children in 2036.
- “Almost half of children with an immigrant background were from an Asian country of ancestry, while less than one quarter were from a European country of ancestry or the United States.
- “Close to 15% of children with an immigrant background lived in a household with at least three generations.
- “More than one third of children with an immigrant background spoke only an official language at home, compared with less than 10% of their parents”.
Read the entire brief here.